Old 02-06-2012, 12:57 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
surething
Sober Date: 01-01-2012

Thanks for all of the input everyone, and sorry for the sluggish response. I have been very busy with moving and studying for finals as of late.

Anyway, I still haven't taken a sip of alcohol since January 1st, and never plan on doing so again -- my Big Plan was set forth when I woke up hung over (like usual) and became fed up with alcohol's grip on my life. My immense desperation lead me to read all about AVRT and make a pro/con list related to alcohol's relationship with my life.

The contingency I mentioned in my post has come to pass. I frequent restaurants that serve alcohol and no longer feel an even negligible desire to drink again. In fact, my friends ordered a pitcher of beer and tried to coax me into having "just one drink". I told them, "Heck no! Why would I want to fall back into my old ways?" I explained I can't drink in moderation and that one sip is all it would take for me to revert back to the deep hole I was in. They somewhat understood, although they are light drinkers and can't comprehend it completely.

I'm still a bit confused with this "Big Plan". From what I have gathered, it's a commitment to never drink alcohol the rest of one's life. Is there something more to it?