Old 02-05-2012, 09:40 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
langkah

FT, maybe I can explain my reasoning for this thread satisfactorily. I've noticed that when I'm talking with people who have the experience of staying sober that long very little needs to be explained to them. Hope that helps.

So, pretty decent Sunday so far here. Slept in and did my 11th step later than usual. Gave some thought last night to picking up a meeting this morning, but obviously wasn't serious enough about it to set my alarm.

My sober partner has been in the hospital for 4 days receiving antibiotics in preparation for gall bladder surgery in a few more weeks. The chef there for some reason feels his dishes improve with lots of vino over the main courses, so she's been getting by on the side dishes breads and desserts, with an occasional trip to the cafeteria.

While I was there today one of her friends stopped in and made for a good conversation/distraction from the hospital routine. I'm looking forward to her return home tomorrow morning, and hope to spring her as early as possible. The house is way too big and too quiet without her. I've not experienced that feeling of being alone in a big uncaring world for a long time. It still feels lousy.