Old 02-05-2012, 08:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by BHF View Post
One of the most important components of my recovery is that regardless of what level of serenity and sobriety I have been able to achieve, I am no different than the newcomer (one drink away from a drunk) and that it is my responsibility to share my experience,strength and hope with those who actively seek it. I can't see how any participation in a thread on a sober-recovery board restricted to "eight year alumni" could help accomplish these goals.
I'm not sure restricted is the theme here, but i didn't start the thread so its not my call. I do think the OP is simply speaking to the level of participation of the posters to the thread, ie somethings are assumed to be understood and generally accepted, and so perhaps a deeper, more complete "conversation" can be exchanged without apology for the scarcity of more supporting explainations of whatever.

For instance, I am completely different than a newcomer. I know this for a fact because after three decades of sobriety I am completely different then when I first detoxed and started my sober journey.

As well, I am much more then simply one drink away from a drunk.