Old 02-05-2012, 08:02 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  
Terminally Unique

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Originally Posted by IAmAbstinent View Post
Guys Ive been wondering once I feel I have the concepts down how long do you think its wise to keep coming on the forums and actively looking for new information?

In one sense Im thinking I should keep things up to scratch by doing this but in another sense Im thinking once I know RR it gives all the tools to practice myself in day to day- and indeed rather than relying on others this is encouraged.
By its very nature, AVRT-based recovery is ultimately a private experience, and is not really conducive to endless, group-based recovering. Indeed, this is in large part why the RR meetings were eventually disbanded once AVRT matured. While others can shed light on some concepts or ideas that may not be immediately clear, at the end of the day, you will have to put them to use. On the official RR forums, the mods encourage people to move on once they have a sufficient understanding of AVRT.

I won't tell you what to do, but I will say that I fully expect that people won't hang around here forever, and this includes me. This practically ensures that SR will never get a large number of AVRT'ers hanging around, but that's not the point of AVRT. The point is to drive a stake through your addiction and to get on with the business of living life. A forum setting such as SR is an ideal way to allow for this sort of thing, though, since it saves a history of past discussions for others who may come later.