Old 02-02-2012, 06:26 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
ShaneW

I'd like to say Thanks to those who replied, and to this site itself. Finding this site & posting on it seemed to really help with my anxiety last night, and today I felt about 65% towards "normal". Normal being the way I used to feel when I'd take a week or 2 off from drinking in past. I know that still isnt truly my normal, as it will take weeks maybe months and lots of work (probable anti-depression meds & meetings) before I get there.

Im still having major sleep anxiety issues. Went to bed around 1am last night, took 1 5mg Ambien pill. Then took another half-pill 3 hours later, then the 2nd half (10mg dose total) around 5am. Didnt get to sleep till around 9am, and maybe logged 5 hours. Talked to my Dr. today and she suggested just take the full 10mg dose at bedtime. Also talk of sending me to Psychiatrist to better regulate any possible future meds (anxiety/depression meds to tackle the reason I drank). And Im sure I could use someone to talk to outside of my usual friends & fam.

Im working on seriously changing my diet (Grilled chicken, green beans & corn tonight...was good!) & started going on "brisk" walks each night. Been several years since I truly exercised regularly (cost of local gym going up was my lame excuse not to), so I started with just 30 minutes. And have added 1 minute each day. In a couple weeks I hope to add weights & whatever else...maybe find a cheaper gym.

Anyways. Thanks for listening, I hope everyone is doing well. I am still very new to this site (and focusing on staying sober for good) so any helping hands I will gladly accept.

-Shane