View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 08:03 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
jocata

Hey everyone. Thank you for your support.
Day 2 done. I'm finding my moods are pretty stable while at therapy. It's when I get home and my children are climbing the walls that I start to come unglued. I am really struggling being at home. I used to not be like that. Sure, there were days when it's really crazy and tough to deal with being a parent, but for the most part I could handle it. But now, I feel like I am going thru the roof. Tonight I took the dog down to the river for a walk for awhile just to gather myself. But when I got back home, the anxiety skyrocketed again.

Tomorrow in therapy we are going to learn some coping skills, which I desparately need!
I'm going to ask the psych. about changing meds or doses to. The anxiety I feel just seems much deeper than using only coping skills only. Something physiological going on or not going on, if that makes sense. That's what I'm there for, to try to figure out what's going on and find some solutions.

I know the solution that WILL NOT work is to drink or use a drug. For so long that was my way to deal with any problem I had. I'm sure it's going to take some time to reprogram my body and mind. I guess I need new "software."

God bless.