Thread: Built up anger
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 08:14 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Hollywood79

He hated other pain meds. If he tried oxy, perc, or even dilated at the hospital they didn't touch him. He still had pain and he didn't like the way those made him feel. Like I said, his body binds differently to norcos and those seemed to be the only pills that helped him.
Wholy cow, I feel like an enabler now since I'm sitting here thinking about what has gone on since June. I feel like a dumb***!!! I'm angry at how ignorant I am and stupid I was.
Two years ago he fell down the stairs, had to be rushed to the ER and come to find out it was a back injury but we didn't find that out till later because at the time he had no health insurance. So between the time of no insurance and finally having health insurance he was getting pills off of the street. After finding out he had blown a disc and had to have surgery they gave him pain meds and then after surgery (in June 2011) the doctor told him he shouldn't be in pain anymore and wanted to cut him off of his norcos completely. Well unfortunately he was still in a huge amount of pain and had a few injections in his back from his pain management doctor that ended up working. At which point is when he decided to start the weaning process. The doctor wanted to cut one pill a week at a pace that he couldn't handle. Then in November he decided that he wanted to go to detox, his doctor prescribed him 5 pills a day until our appointment, in which I held onto the pills and gave him his alotted amount every morning. Come to find out three days before the prescription should have been up there were 15 pills missing. I felt stupid and angry that I was that ignorant not to count to make sure he was on track and wasn't stealing from me. His excuse, the holidays were coming and wanted to feel normal around family, he didn't want to be in pain and wanted to be anxiety free to make me happy!! Well we finally made an appointment in January two weeks ago and got enough pain meds from the doctor to help him get to his detox without going through full blown wd, at which point I gave him 6 pills a day for two weeks till his appt.
I truely believe he's been honest with me, he had no reason to lie to the detox doctor, he was getting clean why lie? right?
Now he brings up him stealing the pills from me and how he feels horrible for lieing and not talking to me. We have the magic of communication in our relationship and he's been pretty honest with me surprisingly!! Well that's what I believe anyway...