View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 06:23 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
TheJungianThing

Well they say "the insanity returns".

I've seen it in action actually, it's quite intense. The book, to my knowledge talks about no longer being obsessed with the notion of drinking. It mentions being tempted, but being able to react sanely to such a temptation. It doesn't really get into the degree of that temptation, be it a burning desire or a passing thought. In my Catholic education I recall "temptation" being just a little bit more than a passing thought. More like a passing thought, siezed, and the process of intent begins. The other notion is that - how can one be tempted by something one doesn't want at all ?

I do not YEARN for alcohol. There is no yearning. Nor am I obsessed with the notion of drinking safely and in a manner where I can control AND enjoy it.

I'm free. I don't know if that helps.

But to anyone who is at their wits end reading this stuff with a bottle in one hand a loaded pistol somewhere nearby - relax, the good news is - you can get sober, stay sober, and get into heated debate over semantics, methodologies, philosophy, etc.. and have fun with it. It's a lot more fun than a smelly jail cell with **** on the floor anyway.