View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 12:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Pelican
peaceful seabird

Welcome to the SR family!

Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself to the rest of the family. Your story has that familiar tone as mine of trying to make it work and hold the family unit together.

I think you are a good mom for removing your child from a home where her safety and sanity were at risk (smoking and passing out; passing out all over the house). Seeing those actions repeated, sends a message that those behaviors are normal adult behaviors and acceptable. By removing yourself and your daughter, you are sending a healthy message that those behaviors are not acceptable - and you have the choice to stop living that way. Good on you!

I remember living with the King of the Castle.
The King had no room in his kingdom for any other royalty - no Queen, no Princess and no Prince. Just the King and others to do his bidding.

I realized one day that my happiness was important too.
My needs were important.
My life mattered!

Your life matters.
Your life has value and purpose.
Your happiness is important.
You deserve to be treated with love, respect and care by your life partner.
I wish you a brighter future as you recover from living with addiction.

I had to go NC (no contact) with the father of my child. It did not mean that we never communicated, it meant that I was only available for communications that involved finances and visitation. I treated the conversations as if I was having a business conversation - stick to the facts and leave the personal stuff out.

Is it possible to seek legal counsel about collecting child support for your daughter. Don't feel guilty about leaving him with bills and asking for child support. He is still drinking, right? He can afford something towards child support.

Keep reading and posting, we care!