View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 10:38 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Lost3000
Sober since Jan 1, 2012

Originally Posted by flutter View Post
Personally.. I wouldn't have posted it. If I had posted it, I'd probably go back and delete the whole thing.. but if you don't want to do that, ignore it.

I'm the "Social Media" person at my company. I moderate our national Facebook page among other things. Checking people's facebook/linkedin/myspace/whatever is usually part of our hiring/research process not only for new hires but current employees. I've had to figure out a balance for my own online participation here, there, everywhere. I'm cool with not being anonymous here. Most people who know me know I'm in recovery. Facebook is a very unique creature in terms of exposure, privacy and the like.. I don't ever post anything recovery related there, which really just comes down to a personal choice. Just be careful
Well of course you wouldn't have posted it - you are smart! I'm new at sobriety and not as smart. I'm moody and fragile at times. Yesterday I was on top of the world having celebrated my 30 days and received my chip.

Funny thing, I understand the implications of posting with regard to the professional world. I am smart enough to be careful about status updates and photos. But for some reason this one slipped right by me. Go figure.

Some good came out of this!!! An old friend in recovery (unbeknownst to me) reached out to me and we have reconnected. He has several yrs under his belt. So glad that happened.