View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 09:18 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
ThisIsDANIEL

Originally Posted by olinda1 View Post
"... it is nearly impossible to accurately diagnose mental illness in a practicing alcoholic, would also think that this would be true of an addict of any kind. Think about the things that folks do while they're out there, remarkably sociopathic. "

Really? Can anybody hazard a guess as to why an alcoholic might seem sociopathic? What's the connection? Is narcissism part and parcel of addiction? Aren't there "lovely, kind, wonderful except for the alcoholism "type of alcoholics?__________________
This x100

I beleive its rather simple....

The alcohol/DOC is all one is focused on/cares about Subconciously. Anytime life gets in the way of their using.... their priorities manifest themselves as being pissed off at nearly everything.

Cant tell you how many times I have driven like a road-raged maniac on the way to picking up. Normally I drive carefully and conscientiously. When I wanted to pick up I would have run people off the road. I did not care. I was void of empathy and only cared about one thing.

I do not think you can diagnose (certain) mental illness to an addicted person...