View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 05:02 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
JustAYak
Clever Yak

Originally Posted by sojourner View Post
Snoop if you have to. Your son is in danger of, at the very least, becoming a father. The worst case scenario is all the STDs out there. Research that one out.
I'm not sure I understand your logic. Whether she snoops or not is not going to keep him from having sex. If there's a will, there's a way. I feel like snooping just enforces codie behavior and gives you the delusion of control when really you have none.

Life comes with consequences. You can either let the person deal with them or you can *try* (and quite possibly make yourself go crazy in the process) to help them avoid them. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Looking at your kid's texts isn't going to help you in the long run... what does help is having the "sex talk" and keeping an open mind and dialogue with your chid. That will show you care more than going through texts ever will. I'm sure ISOHumility is doing this already. I guess what I'm saying is you can't steer someone to make the right choices, that has to come from within themselves.

Anyway, ISOHumility, I'm glad to hear that he at least knows you're going through his texts and that he's actively seeking recovery.