View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 04:13 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
vortex2

Hi all. I will negate that all AAs are sociopaths..but I am finding that one specific person in our group might be and others are not seeing it. I have been doing much study and doing for today the best I can , God's will for me. I was having suspicious and questions toward what that was...and the ky for myself is much different than others. There is a book out there "Highly Sensiteve People". I drank because I am one, and finally see it. It is a gift if it is realized and not turned against oneself as psychologist would see it as being too sensitive and having low esteem. I heard them (many doctors, I also had anorexia nervosa which is polar oppositie of alcholism for most...so the meetings disturb me a lot sometimes)..However, with some intelligence, being an HSP..it is much easier to see the veils of deceit in people's eyes. There is one person in our group that dropped a bomb at me last night in casual passing that could have torn me apart..but God is working with me..He had me learn about sociopaths right as i was getting sober and before i started AA. Amazing! I did not know why I was interested in the topic other than i know two others in my life before the alcohol days..the topic of the meeting was Step 6 and 7. I talked that in Step 6..we are presenting humility before God's eyes..but earlier i stated that i was not sure if I could be totally honest with myself because there is always doubt. Some misinterpreted what i was saying I am sure. What I was saying was that I am insecure about some things, because namely, I do not know for sure what I say..how it affects others..and I care about that. The security of my insecurities is being able to identify that in some way I am insecure..and I need God to reassure me it that although the world is a nasty place in many ways..He is with me. My insecurity brings me Wisdome of Gods word..I love him os dearly..he provides the eyes of the heart...which contain and knows of wisdom. People there will not understand..they are not HSPs in general..some are though and have a hard time. I had a very very bad time with booze, but when the time came..I quit..like that even while suffering from withdrawals. Now desire to drink whatsoever. I do not believe for me in the disease concept...it keeps them coming back to be fixed..when all they really need is closer contact with God. Does this sound like sociopathy to you? All I care about is wanting to feel love and to give it away..my goal now is to learn the best way to convey it. You all here a special to my being..because your a awesome people. We need to know this..it is not about me..it is about we. I hope someone feels this way too.