Old 01-30-2012, 02:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
smithydede

New here, I know what I should do..its hard

I want HELP! My husband got sick a few months ago. Anxiety...hes been on meds, made trips to hospital, going to counselor etc... doing the right things but still drinking. I've called welfare checks in... no avail, I have spoken to his counselor about the drinking concern, but they haven't done anything. I know its not healthy, and I know what I would tell someone else. Its so hard, he still loves me, I still love him, but life can't continue like this. Most days he lays on the floor and does nothing. Hes depressed and suicidal, but doesn't want help. I know mixing the meds and drinking could be leathal and so does he. I've got to the point of stepping back, hes doing this, not me. I will not take responsibility for his actions, or what happens, but its hard to watch. So, I know most you you will say leave, but Im worried if that will push him over the edge... or help. I guess I know what I should do, but I just want to know its not only me going through this! It sucks!!!!! Im trying to be support for him, but I get fustrated, he knows he needs to change, but doesn't. Hes not mean, most of the time, just sleepy. Im stressed out, and reaching for professionals to help and they are not. He has also reached out to them for help, but it doesnt get us anywhere. What to do next? Just need to know Im not alone!