Thread: Difficult times
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 10:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
painterman

Difficult times

Hi everyone, it's been a while since I posted a new thread. I have had such a hard time in my own head in recent weeks although I am going to al-anon and trying to stay detached. I don't recall the last time I had what I would call a normal evening with my partner-if she isn't drinking she's sulking or verbally aggresive- not a friend or a lover. Odd behaviour, sitting in the dark when I got home, she turned off the heating twice then denied it saying I must be going mad. I can feel the pressure building and sometimes I think she is driving me crazy. Both our daughters are home, one for the weekend from College, but she says she wonders why she bothered-it's so upsetting. I work as an artist and after years I have finally decided to take the spare downstairs room as studio (it's only used by my daughter when she's back to practise piano) so I put my foot down, we don't have to have a room for a showpiece-but what a scene.
It's part of the power struggle, but I realise I have been manipulated in a lot of ways. The madness continued just when I asked my 18yr old to tidy her room, she blew up and said if I want her to count on her support I'd better go easy on her! I said if her support is conditional I don't want it-but I feel like it's all going crazy around me-and I'm worried about boring all my local friends with the same old story. I have been thinking increasingly of just splitting lately, but it's scary the emotional and financial implications.
Thanks for listening!