Old 09-16-2004, 12:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
DesertEyes

Originally Posted by 3rdbird
... I know that many of you are going to tell me that we should have never done anything as major as expanding our business during our first year of recovery, however, finances dictated otherwise.
I understand :-) Finances are dictating things to our business over here too :-(

... meetings do not seem to do the trick...
Maybe you need to modify what you are doing at the meetings. When I'm in a lot of pain over things, and of late it has to do with my marriage as well, this is what works for me.

- Go to lots of meetings. If you have your own business then you can go to morning meetings before work, lunch meetings in the middle of the day and evening meetings as well. The more meetings the better.

- Get there early and help set up. Stay late and help clean up.

- At every meeting they ask newcomers to identify themselves. Go to the newcomers, shake their hand and tell them they are welcome. Listen to what they have to stay, not for them, for _you_.

- If you don't have a sponsor, then get one. If you don't know how then go to the secretary of a meeting and ask the secretary to recommend one.

... The codie in me says to save her. I know this is not healthy thinking...
That statement right there is evidence that the meetings _are_ doing the trick. You can identify what parts of your thinking is not healthy. That is very good progress.

... Does my marriage have a chance? Should I stick it out? ...
I don't know you in real life. I don't know your wife in real life. You need to ask that question of people who know you in real life, and that is the people at the meetings. Not the newcomers, the "winners", as they call them. Better yet, ask your sponsor.

The program worked for me, and I didn't have a job or a business or a place to live when I first started. If it worked for me it can work for you. As I pointed out, it _is_ already working for you. All you need to do today is work your program some more :-)

You're in my prayers.

Mike :-)