View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 02:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by CatFry View Post
"Came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity"

So whether or not someone belives in God, science, or AA or none of the above, Isn't this step more about the possibility then the definition?

I beleive in a higher power, but do not get along with it very well. As someone who is trying to begin step 2, I can't help but feel that possibility is the key. I do believe that a HP could restore me to sanity. I doubt that it will, but it is a posssibility.

I am completeely opening myself up to get chewed out by everyone. Please refrain from doing so. Thanks.
Awesome post, CatFry!! I can almost feel the rigorous and sincere honesty working deeply, healing your delimna from the inside out, as you take responsibility for being true to yourself. Way awesome.

I felt exactly the same way myself in my initial work with the AA program. As my experiences progressed thru the program, each next step brought increasing clarity and purpose with my believe in a higher power to restore my sanity.

As for getting along with my HP, I have long ago discovered it is an ideal blessing to not always "get along" with my higher power, lol. If I was always in agreement, I would have a real problem far more disturbing then my struggles with my HP.

Have a great day.