Thread: advice
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2002, 10:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Hi Dan,

Welcome to the recovery forum.

First I'd like to congratulate you on your 2 months recovery. It sounds like you have a good program and you are putting in the effort it takes.

You cannot force your girlfriend to take you back. It sounds like she has been very clear that she does not want a relationship right now. This does not mean that she will never change her mind, but you need to respect her boundaries.

You can handle the custody through court so you can have visitation with your child.

I know this seems like a cruel reply, but it is the truth. Your hope needs to be in your future with your recovery. Your girlfriend went through a lot of trauma with your attempted suicide. This was very traumatic for her and it was only 2 months ago. My advice would be to respect her boundaries and let her heal. The more you pressure her the more she will fear you.

You can recover whether she returns to you or not. You can have a bright future whether she returns to you or not.

I am 49 years old and have been alone and content for 12 years now. I finally learned to give myself the things I need. I went through some very painful breakups before I learned this.

Let her go and if she comes back it was meant to be.

Hugs,
MG