View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 01:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
DayTrader
12-Step Recovered Alkie

My first instinct was to say "yeah, you're welcome anytime." Robby's response has me thinking a bit though.....and he's right. One of the problems within AA is the rather large group of folks who show up who seemingly have no intention of ever working the AA program. It's almost a group of hecklers who purposefully follow a comedian they don't like around to various gigs just to profess their dislike. That, to me, isn't so mature/healthy.

That said though....even if that was your plan.......and even though I wouldn't like it all that much.....I'd still invite you to my home-group - so long as you've got a desire to stop drinking.

I say that because I don't think 99% of the ppl who walk into their first meetings have any intention on working the WHOLE deal. Even those of us who are big supporters/believers (or whatever you want to call us) in the AA program probably were FAR less convinced early on. That said, I don't think it's my responsibility to judge who's should or shouldn't be there.....ever (even though, at times, I DO want to be that judge.....).

Also, don't forget the 12-Step forums here on SR. Not that I know it all and not that I've been around all that long but lemme tell ya, there are some damn fine AA members here on this website that have a WEALTH of knowledge they're only too happy to share. Please, feel free to post there as you'll likely get a more frank discussion of things "AA related" there.