View Single Post
Old 09-23-2002, 09:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
osier59
No More Mrs. Nice Guy

He WON'T go away

I have been away from my EX for 2 yrs now - we were separated for a yr and have been divorced a year. He has moved to Colorado but still contacts me, begging for another chance, for an explanation, for compassion - for ANYTHING. I took a big step today and blocked him from my instant messenger. (thanks for the encouragement on the chat last night!)

There is a small part of me that misses how we were, but then I remember the really awful times - and there were many. Furthermore, I don't think we were ever as deliriously happy as he makes it sound.... I think we were blissfully ignorant of the pain and confusion all around us! Denial sure is ugly sometimes, isnt it?

So I know I did the right thing by blocking him... but I am worried about the next time he contacts me. I want to continue to be strong and do the right thing, and that is to NOT let him back into my life... even through cyberspace.

How do you do it? How do you set those strong boundaries that protect yourself when you know those same boundaries are hurting someone else who is/was special to you???

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Osier59