Thread: Compulsions
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 01:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Rose56

Compulsions

Recently I shared that my life is good, I am feeling joy, and things feel balanced. The other side is that I also still have these compulsions that come up sometimes with a vengeance. I have been doing some online dating, and for awhile I was getting a heady excitement from seeing several men and getting lots of attention. I even saw a couple of men several times, even though I knew that they were not a match and possibly even dangerous to my psyche. All because they met this need, this compulsion for attention. For about a month now I have not been engaging in these behaviors and I am feeling so needy.

I know I need to focus on myself, try to meet my own needs, and that attention from men is not the answer. BUT........ the compulsion grows, the one that wants to rush into a physical relationship for the rush that brings.

Last night I had a first date with an attractive, interesting, available man. Possibly there might be something there. How do I reign in this compulsion and not rush into something prematurely, just take it easy and slow and see what might happen?

How can I get to the root of this compulsion?