Old 09-16-2004, 06:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
3rdbird

The first year of Recovery in a marriage?

I have just landed in a horrible place! My wife has been working on her recovery since March, and we were doing fine (I thought) as a couple until we expanded our business and opened a new store. I know that many of you are going to tell me that we should have never done anything as major as expanding our business during our first year of recovery, however, finances dictated otherwise. Anyway, I am paying the price now! My wife has been seeing another man, and now she says that she may want to divorce. She is in a bad relapse with her sex addiction (although she swears she has not done anything sexual with this person). Right now I want to run. I am in so much pain, and meetings do not seem to do the trick. Should this be expected the first year of recovery? Does my marriage have a chance? Should I stick it out? I am working on myself and taking care of our son, but I feel like she has rapidly distroyed everything around her. The codie in me says to save her. I know this is not healthy thinking. Am I wrong to want to save the marriage?