View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 07:35 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
newby1961
Trudging that road.

I would suggest reading the pamphlet on Sponsorship you can find them for free in most meetings in the literature rack. I know somewhere on here you can read it to?

I will tell you some of the fears and mistakes I made. First off I had this notion that someone would come up to me like in the old days of AA. That didn't happen for me I had to search one out.

The steps are in order for a reason. I used to jump around a lot before I got a sponsor which that took me awhile. Anyhoo, I will tell you from experience rushing into the steps when you are not ready, like Step 9 Made direct ammends. can do a whole lot of damage.

Finally thinking and going around like I knew something and I was going to help AA out.:rotfxko There is a line in the book that says something like you can't give away something you haven't got.

Don't stress, you are just at the start of your recovery, there is plenty of time this is not a race, slow down and try to just get to meetings and make some connections. Maybe try some men meetings, or some BB, or Step study ones.

And like someone else posted pray for that right person to come into your life. Happy searching