View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 02:54 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

(((Inca))) - I totally get what you're saying. When I began recovery, though I did work, I wanted to yell to my family "I'm working on my recovery - back off!!!"

I've got almost 5 years in recovery, but I still obsess about things. I think it's just part of my personality.

I'm back in school. Last semester I spent an obscene amount of time studying. I got burned out 3 weeks before the semester ended, though did just fine in my grades.

This semester, I'm trying to balance out work and school...listening to those who know me and have offered gentle/not-so-gentle advice I'm only in week 2, but it seems to be working. I'm really grateful to my SR friends who tell me "okay, you're getting a wee bit obsessive - take a break!!!" I've even been helping a non-A school friend deal with HER obsessive tendencies.

As with everything else in my recovery, this has taken time. A bit more time than I had counted on, but it's all good Heck, today I've spent most of the day on SR, have one school project to do, but deadline isn't for two more days Will work tomorrow, work on project tomorrow night, spend time on SR tonight.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy