View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 01:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
InsertNameHere
Random Guy

Originally Posted by SpeedyJason View Post
I guess I can also agree that it's a compulsion...it's difficult to stop, at least for me. It's not a top priority for me to take care of though I guess, I'm not really bothered by it, I just notice myself doing it a lot.
I am currently deciding if it is a problem for me as well. It dosen't bother me all that much except when I go a little overboard and it becomes difficult to do certain things, like buttoning a shirt. My other fingers don't bother me but I have a strange obseshion with my thumb nails and I don't like to be able to feel any part of them being bigger than the rest. I end up trimming them down with a knife or other sharp object much shorter then the rest of my nails which I just don't like to have any white on. Like you I don't think it is any form of wanting to hurt myself I try to avoid that honestly it is just that I don't like it if I can feel them. I rub them with my index finger constantly looking for a portion that I can trim down. I think I did that about 20 times while typing this. hmmm, maybe I need to establish some rules regarding them like not trimming them with anything other than actual fingernail clippers as you can only get them so short with those. I did that before just to see what they would look like maybe its time to do so again.

INH