Old 01-21-2012, 11:52 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
NewBeginning010

Originally Posted by BrianHill View Post
I don't know what I"m going to do in the meantime. Here everything seems to revolve around drinking.. nights out, weddings, celebrations, you name it. (it's preaching to the choir I know). I just wish eventually -- years from now -- I wouldn't have to explain to someone that I can't have a single drink because of a bad phase I went through some X years ago., y'know?
Oh yeah Brian, we have all been through the beginning stages of quitting & sharing our story of why we quit in different situations. It gets easier to share I promise (actually, you will find that most people don't really care that much about if "we" are drinking or not except a few nosey people or others with a drinking problem ;-).

For now just go with "Im not drinking today" then decide on many of the potential reasons why: health, driving, weight, or my favorite... "I have decided to quit drinking to improve my life".

P.S. All of those things that you listed involve drinking alcohol because you have been doing these things while drinking. Funny enough I was also shocked to find out that I could go to weddings, dinner with friends, camping, birthdays, work functions, concerts & New Years Eve sober & have a blast.... very strange at first but awesome once you get used to it.

Take care & keep posting ~ NB