View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 05:03 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
LoftyIdeals
SoberOutlook

Originally Posted by PeanutButterCup View Post
Frances, let me help you translate. I know this language pretty well. "You're crazy, you know that? Running in the snow is just dumb." ==> "You're doing really well in your life and when I see that, I compare it to my own habits and come out looking bad. Don't you want to cop out with the excuses that I use to avoid improving myself? It's easier for me to insult you than to try to change myself, so that's what I'll do."

Hi Aussie!!! I'm glad you're around!

Lofty, you've taken the prize for most productive! Woo-hooooo! I love the idea of listing 5-6 things each evening for the following day. I'm a list-maker. And how do you make lamb stew? I've never successfully prepared a meal with lamb.
PBC...you continue to impress me. I was gonna say amaze me, but I don't want it to sound like I'm surprised by your wisdom. What you said to Frances!? Superb. I am going to take it, and apply it to my relationship with my dad. It is SOOO true in our relationship. We need a filter or buffer between what our parents say, and what we hear. And we need to discern their legitimate concerns, worries, or sageful advice, from what is borne of regret or jealousy that we are still of an age that we can do things they can't. That's hard to do sometimes, BUT WE CAN DO HARD THINGS! (ok...please remove all previous sexual innuendo from that phrase when I use it)

With regard to the stew? The actual recipe is on allrecipes.com, it's called Irish Lamb Stew, and it's the one submitted by Danny O'Flaugherty. It's the best stew I've ever made, or eaten. I won't go into all of it, but I cut back the carrots, and added celery cuts and mushrooms. Instead of beef stock, I used boullion cubes. Since lamb is so expensive (I come from a long line of cheapskates and bargain hunters, and I love it, so that's not an apology. Bargain hunting is my sport), I used 1/3 lamb, 1/3 beef for stew, and 1/3 ground beef. That way we still got the lamb flavor.

Allrecipes is my kitchen bible. I really love to cook, and the internet has brought the chef out in me. Often, I'll read 4 or 5 different recipes for a dish, and then make my own combination of ingredients. 9 of 10 times, its a winner.

Oh, and your shopping/planning techniques? Love em. I'd adopt a similar method if I were the only shopper and chef in the house, but I'm not. We do have a pretty good method, but not as organized as you. There are several shopper apps in the android market, but none I'm aware of that do it all like you laid out. Maybe you could make some money by writing an app? And maybe even have WW as a sponsor? I love planning, whether it's kitchen planning or financial planning. And...I love it when a good plan comes together...(think A Team...George Peppard as Hannibal with a victory cigar in his mouth)

Mirage...guess what. I figured out how to play WwF without it reporting to FB, and in such a manner that I won't be distracted by it. Here goes. I added the app to my droid. My existing games were there, except the one we started (I think you resigned?) So, if you challenge me, I'll play. How is it less distracting? It's not in my face, on my computer, making loud noises whenever someone plays. I get to it when I want. I really did enjoy the game, but didn't want it reporting or constantly in my face distracting me. So, challenge me to a game! I haven't figured out how to start a game on the phone yet.

Activity begets activity. My GTD progress has fired me up for more organization and progress in my work and home lives. I'm stoked!

Have a fantastic day, all, and if Frances ran, I pray for her safety and success!

Wasssup, Dee!? Aussie!?