View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 04:50 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
DesperadoBlond
Memberado

Originally Posted by artsoul View Post
Hi bayliss -

I do feel for you..... I spent a good year or two trying to cut back and always ended up losing the battle. It's a vicious cycle because we become depressed and disappointed in ourselves, which only makes that drink more appealing.

Any amount of alcohol, no matter how little, keeps the battle raging (and us in the ditch). Wouldn't you rather be free?
Such a sad fact of life, for people like us. I too, just a couple of weeks ago, still thought I'd be able to just have that one glass of wine with dinner. I was hell bent on not having to let go of that.

But one glass ALWAYS turns into a whole bottle and then another one too. Any amount of alcohol just makes my brain start doing cartwheels and brings out the unintelligent, defiant caveman in me. Where do I get another glass? Where do I get another glass?

Then the next morning is like hell, and so is the entire day too. And then you have to start ALL over. I am learning how to fight the urges now. Distract yourself.

I could never handle having booze at home. Throw it out! At one point or another I would cave in and have a glass. Pour it out!