View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 12:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Isollae

If I'm understanding you correctly...you're asking if any of us non-alcoholics have behavior patterns similar to an alcoholics? Such as addictions, compulsions etc?

Hrmm.

I'd have to say I'm probably prone to repression and I'm addicted to things that make me laugh.

The repression part I have no idea what to do about yet. Not even sure why/if I do tend that way yet.

The humor and laughter part isn't so bad. I just need to keep it to funny books, funny movies etc. Laugh at my dog when she tries to grin; it makes her look like shes got peanut butter stuck in her mouth and shes trying to get it out. SHE thinks it makes her look adorable though! There are alot of things that can bring humor into our lives if we remember to see them.

The kind I need to avoid is the kind of laughter that brought me together with my hubby. He always felt free to do things that I never have felt free to. Even when he appalled me at times, there was still humor there. He brought alot of laughter into my life when I was younger and I think I needed that at the time. But it wasn't a good way to laugh; so the laughter died.

For the rest of 'me'...I have no idea. My family members probably have many ideas on the issue though.

I'd like to send some laughter your way......?