Old 01-20-2012, 07:19 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Ilovemysonjj

Dear ISO, your son is still very young and impressionable. He still looks to you and your husband as the lifeline. You are doing the right thing in showing him at this early age, that he IS accountable! I am a classic "fixer" and I "fixed" my son all the way to a felony arrest. Stories above from those who walked before you all say the same thing. The sooner we let go and the addict has to see the err of their ways, the sooner HP can come in to support them if they want it. I still think you have every right to set the expectations at home but YOU also have to stick to those expectations so he sees he cannot play you or manipulate you. Don't worry, even sober 15 year olds are selfish and at times hostile . I have 3 kids, 15,17 and 21. They all have tested the waters with rebellion. The best thing you can do is let him know that you won't stand for the drug use in your home AND that you are there to support him in his desire to stay clean.
So far so good for my 21 year old. He is working a very stringent and strict inpatient rehab and is going on 76 days.
Hugs and support from another Momma,
Teresa