View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 01:27 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Pigtails

Thanks everyone for the info. That makes a lot of sense about my brain thinking the alcoholic state is "normal". In fact I was just reading in the Big Book that it gets to the point where an alcoholic thinks that a life with so much alcohol is normal. So yeah my brain is adjusting big-time and doesn't think this is so normal! I need to just give it time and be patient. I certainly didn't only drink for 2-3 months, so I can't expect my brain to get used to not drinking in only 2-3 months. Kind of a like the theory behind losing weight, ha ha. Thanks again everyone. Actually my brain feels much better today-- I have some more intelligence going on in there. And to the poster who mentioned vitamins-- yeah, I am trying to eat healthy so as to get my supplements the natural way but I feel like I'm very deplete from having such bad nutrition/alcoholism for quite awhile. I take Sam-E in the morning and I usually take 5-HTP and a brain/memory/concentration booster-- with Hyperzine A--with it, but I think they are counter-acting each other or something, so today I left out the brain booster and perhaps that's why I'm feeling less foggy. I will try it at a different time of day than the others. At some point I want to get all my supplements naturally but I am way behind the curve and so the OTC supplements seem to help a lot.