View Single Post
Old 09-15-2004, 06:53 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
donald1960

My heart goes out to you along with my prayers. YES! There is still hope! You need to set boundaries. A word I dont like very much - you see I was very much like your husband - just a different druu of choice (pot) My wife set "boundaries" They sucked - however they put the fear of God in me. You need to be honest with your husband. Let him be aware of your feelings before your anguish, anger and pain turn into resentments. Your feelings will only get more resolute and desperate - this will lead to despair , dissolusion and divorce. You do not want that from how you describe things. You will if he does not change this carachter defect. If you are religous call on the power of God. Remember he is the 3rd partner in your marraige. Get into marraige councilling if not already. Let your husband know how much you love him but you will not continue to live like this if he does not stop. He seems to want to so find some help.

I go to NA meetings. They have been a blessing. All 12 step programs are great. For him as there are other drugs besides alchahol I strongly recomend NA. Its a disease he suffers from. Addiction is just that a disease. Abstinence alone is not a cure. There is no known cure. It can be arrested though. Alchohal is a drug just like pot coke....... He will learn much about the destructive cource he is on by attending meetings. I suggest Alanon meetings for you. Pray often. Encourage him to pray. When you have this heartfelt talk do it in the church/temple you were married in. Remind him of the dreams you've always shared. Let him know how much you love him but be firm. Fear is a tremendous motivator. There is a marrage encounter program called Retouvaille see www.saveourmarraige.com fro details. This is a wonderfull program. It will teach you both how to communicate more clearly and loveingly. Get help now before things get worse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!