View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 09:05 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
TheEnd
High on Life

Originally Posted by Terminally Unique View Post
While quite possibly very true, I for one will never encourage this or even condone it. It is far too easy to tell someone to try some more controlled drinking, knowing perfectly well that they will be brought to their knees. Once someone has crossed a line from normal drinker to problem drinker, they are most likely out of luck. I don't care if they are a hard drinker, fake alcoholic, real alcoholic, or any other variation of drinker. They would do well to simply quit drinking for good and stop playing Russian roulette, which puts not only their own welfare at risk, but likely that of many others as well.
Everyone can't learn from other people's mistakes. Life is not that easy. At least it wasn't for me, and it doesn't appear to be that way for many other people either. You have to truly believe and know in your heart that you have a problem. You can't just take someone's word for it. This is just one step on the journey to sobriety.

If you don't take a chance of touching the wet paint, you will never know that it was wet in the first place.