Old 01-14-2012, 08:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
DesertEyes

Originally Posted by ACOAHappyNow View Post
... If you tell a young female relative about sexual abusers in order to protect her and let her know she is in danger from relatives she has been spending time around, does that constitute poor personal boundaries? ...
No. I think what you did is very kind and loving. Not to mention that protecting the young ones in a family is a requirement of being an adult.

... Is my sister right? Did I show poor personal boundaries by telling the truth to warn others I saw as being in harm's way? ...
Nope. I think you did the right thing.

... I'm 50 and yet with this particular issue I feel like I'm 4 years old and scared and uncertain. ...
That's the way I feel when I have to deal with my own biological family. For me it's just those old feelings I had as a child coming back up and getting in the way.

... They are rejecting me for the sin of having told the truth, and I'm actually really happy about that. I feel free. I feel a huge weight is off my shoulders now. ...
Well then I think that is the answer to your original question

I'm glad you felt comfortable enough to share that here on this forum. That's what we are here for.

Mike