View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 07:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

(((Corleone))) - welcome to SR!! Though pills weren't my thing (crack was) there are a lot of people here who have battled with them.

Thing is, you may think life is soooo much better with them, but it's usually a lie. They may give you extra energy, lots of feel good feelings, but your tolerance will go up. You will need more and more to get the same feeling. Bad consequences WILL happen if you keep using. People have lost pretty much everything - jobs, freedom, relationships, and had health problems.

You're young, but if you read other posts here, you will see people who were addicted to various things for decades..I'm one of them. Nothing like being MY age (50) and having to start all over because I lost my nursing career (that WAS opiates, but I quit them with no withdrawal or problem, though I soon discovered crack), have spent time locked up, and though I'm working and back in school, I am still suffering the financial consequences, too.

I always said "I'll get clean later". Yeah, well "later" put me in a really bad mess. I hope you keep reading and posting here, and realize that the way the roxies make you feel is a lie. You're already thinking of getting more because you're sick without them. Trust me, it's going to get worse.

Withdrawals suck, no doubt (I've read enough stories here) but they don't last forever. You really do deserve to have a life that's not controlled by a drug.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy