Old 01-14-2012, 06:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
IndaMiricale
Powerless over Alcohol

As I entered AA the changes began for the good. :)

Well gooooooood morning SR friends and family .

When I first came to want a new life without the control of alcohol, and entered into AA for help, I sober life seemed strange but also just hopeless and impossible for me. I wonder what life could and would be like without ever taking another drink. I struggled with that concept for quite awhile.

At first, a sober life seemed to be so unnatural and strange to me . But as time has passed and I have grown through these trails and tribulations. The longer I am sober and in AA the more normal and natural this all seems to be. And now I have come to learn , that the life I live in AA , the sobriety, the fellowship , the faith of my god of my understanding, and the trying to help each other, only seems to be the most natural way to live.

As I grow along these lines, I must keep learning and growing spiritually. I will learn to overcome myself, because ever blow to selfishness is used to shape the real, enternal, unperishable me. As I overcome myself, I gain that power which my HP releases to me in my soul. And therefore I can be victorious in this journey. It it not the difficulties of life that I have to conquer , so much as my own selfisness. Which it took be getting here and some time to understand how selfish and self serving I truly was. As many I was one to say I am not hurting anyone . Just myself so leave it alone. But as it says in the BB , the alcoholic affects everyone that he or she comes in contact with.

So today I can be free of being self serving and serve for someone else.

Time for hot coco this morning instead of coffee and light a fire.

Good love, Inda