Old 01-13-2012, 06:45 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
loveforhorses

90210, my boyfriend currently has almost 19 mos clean from IV heroin addiction. I meet him when he was in recovery for 9 mos and a month later we were dating. I can tell you that even with him in recovery it is sometimes very difficult. I can't always have as much of his time and attention as I would like because he does IOP 3 nights a week and atteds at least 3 meetings a week. I love him and know he loves me. I only every once in a while worry about a relapse but it is not due to something he has done or said just more what would I do if....? I do occasionally feel a little left out as I can't ever fully understand what he is going through since I have never been an addict. He is willingly to share somethings about his addiction and others he is not comfortable with but he will for the most part answer my questions when I ask something of him. I am supportive of his recovery and know that without it we have no future together and he has no future. So basically I'm just saying that even with him in recovery the relationship is still hard and sometimes confusing. So take care of u and take things one day at a time with your bf. Just keep in mind that recovery is now his lifelong full time job if he wants to stay clean. Good luck to you... Hugs