View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 09:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
toughLittleGirl

finally understand detatchment

Hi everyone its been a while. I just want to share my story of recovery and give others hope. It has been almost three months scince I went No Contact with my AXBF. At first I felt guilty and sad but the more time that passes the more i focus on taking care of me and living my own life to the fullest. And the happier I got. I have not felt this good on years! I know I cant change anybody and that having active addiction in my life makes me crazy. I try to control the addict. I think the no contact will help me to one day deal with active addiction and not be so affected by it. Until then I stay away. I will keep going to meetings and doing recovery reading, as I still have addiction in my life. My parents are alcoholics I recently realized. And i live with them. But that is another story. I am grateful for the good things in my life. I remain hopeful that my ex one day will stop shooting heroin. It's a pain that will always be in my heart but I will no longer allow it to rule my life. I have moved on. I hope others in his life follow my example and quit enabling. When I think back to how crazy I was a year ago, or even four moths ago, I am so glad I found support thru here and nar anon groups. This is the longest I have ever gone without contacting him and I am proud. I wonder like crazy what's going on with him but I dare not ask anybody. If something really bad happens I will hear about it soon enough. thank you for everything my recovery family!!! Xoxoxoxo