View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 07:32 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  
FetaCheese

I am 25 and have been drinking for 10 years.. Started when I was in high school hanging out with the wrong group of girls. We were losers and good girls at school, but hard partiers on the weekend. So nobody suspected a thing. Got into the rave scene and "candies" from age 16 to 19, but when I turned legal drinking age (19 in Canada), alcohol was my drug of choice. I finished college at the top of the class, but was a binging alcoholic on the weekends. Started drinking intensely last summer after I got laid off and managed to stay sober for a few months, now trying to work on it again. Its been a hard road. When I was 19 my Dr. said my liver was in bad shape, it eventually got better but I don't want to go back down the road of self destruction... I am lucky I have no public intoxication charges or anything. I am not sure how to meet other friends my age, they're all either in long-term relationships or married, or having kids... Going clubbing is no option here, I am the oldest girl at the club (full of 19 year olds). This is an odd age for sure.