View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 11:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
WordGrrrl

I have 4 days clean now! I'm hoping that the worst of detox is behind me; I'm starting to feel human, a little bit, and just hope it gets better. FWIW, I wouldn't recommend tapering if at all possible; I had every miserable withdrawal symptom while I was doing it, and it seems like all I did was prolong the misery.

Physically... I still have aches and pains. I have loads of fun chronic pain disorders. The arthritis in my knees has been a killer. I'm terrified of what's going to happen when I start a new cycle, having endometriosis. I wish I knew how much of this was pain from withdrawal, and how much is pain that I'm going to have to just live with.

I've been craving things, especially in my sleep; I quit smoking a few months ago, but now I'm dreaming of smoking, along with pills. Tonight is not a very good night. I'm exhausted - WordBaby is going through a lousy sleep stage, and DH had a hissy fit earlier because WordBaby wouldn't go to sleep. I was trying to sleep because I have to deal with it at 3:00 every morning, so I wanted a bit of sleep under my belt, but DH came in with a cranky baby. I couldn't calm him down, and brought him back out, because I'd taken my regular medication, and was falling asleep. DH got so crabby that I just stayed up; once WordBaby was finally down, I was awake enough that there was no point in going to sleep until his feeding. So here I am, while DH is snoring and I want to smack him (kidding... sort of... lol). Of course, I'm thinking how much better I'd feel if I had something. So, I guess, a good day and a bad day, both at once (good, because no matter how much things suck, I haven't gone looking for pills!).