View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 08:53 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by Sapling
...I'm one drink away from a drunk.....I have just as much the alcoholic mind as I had when I started the journey I am on...And I always will have it. I can never forget that.

Originally Posted by Terminally Unique
You may rest assured that I know this, but I nevertheless appreciate the honesty. More than a few would, well, flat out lie and suggest otherwise, thinking I'd be impressed.
Oh yeah? Flat out lying?

Well, in all honesty, my alcoholic mind is in a state of remission. Asleep. Frozen. Unpowered. Ignored. Turned Off.... well, you get the idea.

Speaking for myself, if my alcoholic mind was active and awake, same as when I started quitting getting drunk back when, guess what I would be doing?!

Sure, there is some time required to change out my alcoholic mind for a sober mind, but that was getting done in the first year of my sobriety. For the next few years, sometimes things got complicated, and my alcoholic mind would comeback online, and my sobriety would put it back into the twilight zone where it belongs.

It's been over thirty years.... and if I had to had deal with an alcoholic mind all those years, I absolutely would have been drunk decades ago... in fact within the first year, you know.

So really?!

You guys are still gonna be dealing with the alcoholic mind while being sober for the rest of your sober lives??!!

Cheese 'n crackers!

Seriously, no problemo, live and let live. Its a journey, not a destination, right?