View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 03:48 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
zbear23

Originally Posted by RobbyRobot View Post
Yeah, its a dumb dangerous motto. The idea is alcoholism always wants a drink, and so its inevitable that the alcoholic will take that drink unless the alcoholic experiences an intervention ie sobriety. So then sobriety offers only a reprieve from that next drink. And so a miracle of remission keeps the alcoholism from taking that next drink to the ongoing benefit of the alcoholic. Yeah, okay.

I don't quite see it that way, and I still agree though that alcoholism is an illness of a kind that can not be cured with common science, but can be successfully treated with a pyschic solution which keeps the alcoholism in remission. The living problems associated with the alcoholism are thereafter removed and will not return contigent on the continuing quality of the pyschic solution.

My last alcoholic drink was back in 1981. I'm no closer today or tomorrow to that next drink then I was the same day I quit. I like to keep things simple and understandable, and I don't need fear of alcoholism running my life anymore to stop me from drinking. My detox, rehab stay, gestalt therapy, and living the AA program provided me with the required pyschic solution to freely live a fearless sober life yesterday, today, and tomorrow.
Hi Robbie....and right on brother...Alcoholism encourages me to make incredibly stupid, life threatening decisions. I've learned to stop listening, with the help of AA and HP. But that lil old ego does put up quite a fight.....makes a racket, too.<G>
blessings
zb