Old 01-07-2012, 02:01 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
dvm2015

Originally Posted by Imperium View Post
IMHO, AlAnon is not about repairing your relationship with him, but about repairing yourself. When you meet another active addict, you will break up after two dates, not two years.
Pretty negative attitude there. my RA doesnt even know I went to an al-anon meeting so clearly NOT using it to repair our relationship, finally once was thinking about myself and my pain. I didnt hear this at all mentioned at the Al-anon meeting either as one of their goals "When you meet another active addict, you will break up after two dates, not two years" Also if you read any of my other posts, I said I was unfamiliar with the Al-anon program and NEVER heard of it before or knew how it would help me. Didnt know if they wouldnt consider me havin an alcoholic in my life, now that we are separated. and Also that post was before I went to an al-anon meeting. Give me a little credit here. I obviously have not had much experience with alcoholism and came here for support.

Also just because someone is an alcoholic doesnt mean they arent deserving of dating others or being in love. Running from someone you sincerely like just because "hes an alcoholic" is a bit too judgemental. Its not like im out there searching for alcoholics to date. It just happened to work out like that. Ive had many boyfriends and none other than this last one have ever had a drinking problem, anxiety or depression. It just happened like that.