Old 01-07-2012, 12:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Kindeyes

Welcome to SR......this is a great forum.

I also can't tell you what to do. That never really works anyway. If I give advice, I also get to share some of the responsibility for the outcome......and I have a tough enough time being responsible for me!!! However, I'm happy to share some of the things I have learned from being married to an addict (many years ago) and being the mother of an addict.

Addiction is a very tricky disease. Addicts aren't bad people....they are sick people. Unfortunately, the disease often doesn't allow them to see how very sick they are. Addiction is also called a family disease because it usually causes dysfunction in the people who love the addict. Those closest to the addict are usually the most affected.

This forum is a great place to learn about codependence and addiction. There will be many who come along to respond to your post. All have experience with drug addiction. Some will give advice. Others will not. Take what you need and store the rest--it may not mean much to you now but it may come in handy at some point in the future.

Again, welcome to SR.......

gentle hugs
ke