View Single Post
Old 01-07-2012, 08:21 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
zbear23

My own experiences and observations have illustrated to me time and again that knowledge by itself is no solution. Spiritual progress requires action. It also seems to require the humility to accept that my beliefs are just that...beliefs. And I'm well advised to "follow the leader", to accept one who is further along the path than I am, and act on his/her suggestions. It makes no difference whether those suggestions make any sense to me. What has been lacking in my "program" has always been humility and willingess (not to mention honesty). So far, following the leader has worked well for me. It's a time honored system which includes religious leaders, saints, teachers, gurus, mentors, etc. Seem like the young man aways needs to find the old man who will show him the way. To my knowledge, none of the books and paths recommend that we try to find our own way, without a mentor. Today I give of myself freely, and remain willing to accept the gifts of others (even when I don't think they know more than me,<G>

"Trust God, Clean House, and Help others." [Dr. Bob Smith....cofounder (one of many) of AA.]

blessings, zb