View Single Post
Old 01-07-2012, 07:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
totfit
totfit

Sorry to hear about your tough situation. It sounds as if the person leading the house may not be so "well". If you can just tune this person out when you hear the negativity. Anxiety is "normal" in early recovery and unfortunately it is hard to deal with. I have always had some, but exercise and a healthy diet have done wonders. As bad as you may feel, try and remember the worst you felt prior to getting into recovery and you will see that these "feelings", though certainly not desired even to the point of "meltdown" are not nearly as bad as the experiences that brought you into recovery in the first place. Just hang in there. Get out and get some exercise. Especially, don't let sick people bring you down. There are a lot of people that have been sober and in "recovery" for some time that are still "sick". Try and stick around and get support from the people in which you see what you want. I know it is difficult, but do not personalize negativity and let it make you think the lie, " this is worse than what it was before". It is a trap. I am rooting for you.