View Single Post
Old 01-07-2012, 01:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
bostonluv

Unhappy Trouble after rehab

I am new in my recovery about 40 days sober from drugs and alcohol. I went to rehab for 30 days and regained my confidence and found hope. I moved into a sober living home for women.

Right now, I am hoping for some insight from others on my new "home." Currently, I am in a full fledged panic attack that has been going on since 2:30 pm. I have been sick to my stomach since then and cannot sleep although I am emotionally exhausted.

I have only been here a week but the woman who runs the place calls emergency house meetings and yells at us over things like butter. People were mildly complaining that there was no butter to cook with and she really flipped out and told everyone that they need to practice gratitude. It's her delivery that I find disturbing. She called a meeting today about gossip and I was so uncomfortable I looked at the wall to try and calm myself. She then put me on blast and ordered me to look at her while she is talking although I do not gossip. I just arrived here and am so fresh in my recovery. I wish I was back in the rehab where I was loved and safe.

I am having a melt down tonight in private. Is my situation "normal"? Is this what I should expect from most SLEs? We have another house meeting tomorrow and I can't stop feeling sick and scared. Thanks for letting me vent. I know that things are probably just amplified for me now. It's just really intense around here.