View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 05:26 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Terminally Unique

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Originally Posted by Charon View Post
I hope your higher power can, at some point, overcome your arrogance. My Zuni faith tells me to pray for you even more than myself - that is counter intuitive but I will offer what I can.

What you call arrogance I call a higher standard. I believe in everyone's capacity to fully and permanently recover from addiction, even if they do not believe it themselves. In our society, addicted people are regarded as diseased sickos, walking time-bombs, discriminated against by the courts and other social agencies. A large reason for this is the much lower standard of tentative sobriety aspired to by many who are seemingly intent on spreading their own insecurity to others, and who consider having no plan to drink entirely sufficient. Therefore, I will state, loudly and clearly, that I do have a plan: I will never drink or use again, and I will never change my mind. I hold myself morally accountable for unconditional lifetime abstinence, cutting myself no slack whatsoever.