Old 01-05-2012, 03:14 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
dvm2015

Not a summer romance for sure

Originally Posted by kiki5711 View Post
wow, 20 and 23. you're both very young. you may just end up chalking this as a "summer romance" and move on. Either way, it looks like some space is needed since he has no clue what he wants.

Being around you "clueless" is not going to help him. He has to grow up and learn there are consequences to every action and every decision he makes.

It's not going to happen over night.

For some of us it's a life time process.
This definitely was not summer romance. I may be young but Ive had that before and I know what thats like. The things that we have been there for each other in the past year and a half with me being in a high stress environment with school and him going through drinking then rehab and being sober is not just a summer romance. We were best friends and romantically involved for the past year and a half, even while he was in rehab. I didnt quit on him or run away from his issues. I was supportive and I know if it was just a "summer romance" that I would not have put up with his issues and it wouldnt have gone on for a yr and a half. He had no other people besides his family not give up on him. I was his only friend. But I do agree with you that he should accept responsibility for his actions. He is going to lose me if he can't get his life together. He can't even be a friend to me anymore because he is too shut off from everything to even have any emotions. All he can do is work and meetings. I feel bad for him, but I also don't deserve to be treated poorly while he gets his life together. Its sad he had to lose everything he had going for him with school, and me as a friend and a girlfriend. I just hope he can realize it before he hurts me more or loses me forever :/