View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 02:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
CaiHong

Hi Bayliss,

This is a very important topic to bring up. Like a lot of others I only enjoyed activities if I was drinking. When I gave up I was really worried that there would be a gaping void in my life but to my surprise my life is so much more active and interesting without alcohol.
One thing I have learnt this past week you have to mix it up, I mean put variety in your life. It sounds like you haven't changed much around the witching hour . Gym sounds good, although personally I am not a gym person. With the gym also mix it up different kinds of classes.
This is a very important stage now in your sobriety, Bayliss you need to take action. Things will change if you change them, you now have so many choices because you are sober. Once you start to take action your thinking/feeling will change this is the great part.
I am over 7 months sober and as I look back I see I am changing, feelings that I semed to have no control over, the anger, depression are lifting and I think it is because the longer that I am sober and being proactive in my sobriety I am benefiting.

If I keep active in keeping and cherishing my sobriety I will be able to do the things I could only dream about, my drinking was stopping me from achieving.

Bayliss hang in there, don't ever give in to the AV, there is a solution.

Take Care
CaiHong